- This event has passed.
Nov. 26 is Small Business Saturday #ShopStAugustine
November 26, 2016
Let’s turn Small Business Saturday into #ShopStAugustine Saturday
Together we are united and determined to make St. Augustine better than it ever has been. We propose that starting now, we start promoting our local economy by using the phrase Shop St. Augustine. Use #ShopStAugustine or #ShopStAug to indicate that you are a small business or you are shopping at one.
Small Business Saturday is November 26. This is an amazing outlet we can use to promote our local economy and all the diverse businesses, establishments, and restaurants St. Augustine has to offer.
That’s why we’ve created the Shop St. Augustine campaign. In this blog, we’ve included everything you as a business need to show customers that you are open and ready for business. It’s time to rally together and create a buzz around our local establishments.
Our Shop St. Augustine toolkit includes the Shop St. Augustine logo you can use and share on social media and your website, a Facebook cover photo, and a flyer to hang in your window or pass out to visitors. We truly believe that this has the potential to help revitalize our local economy and show everyone out there that we are open and better than ever!
About the logo: The Shop St. Augustine logo we designed features our iconic lion from the Bridge of Lions which not only symbolizes our city but also our strength and resilience. The wrapped gift shows that our economy is an essential part of the backbone of the St. Augustine community.
Ways to #ShopStAugustine
- Make it your goal to buy holiday gifts at local shops.
- Buy gift certificates or gift cards from restaurants, bed and breakfasts, and attractions.
- Spend a relaxing weekend at one of the many bed and breakfasts in the area.
- Take a tour and learn some new facts about the Nation’s Oldest City.
- Support local eateries by visiting one of the many unique local restaurants, bars, and coffee shops around the area.
- When shopping, try to use cash. Using cash saves small businesses a 2-4% processing fee.
- Check out one of the many farmers’ markets and support local vendors.