Current Specials and Packages
The Players Championship - History and Romance Package
Attend one of Golf's greatest events and surround yourself with history and charm for the The Players at Sawgrass. Enjoy a two night stay including two 1-day grounds admission tickets, parking, and a private carriage ride for two in historic downtown St Augustine. Customized and VIP tournament packages are also available. Packages start at $342. Available dates 5/7 - 5/14/2012. Must be purchased by 4/23/2012.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in April
Experience northeast Florida's abundant bird life and photogenic natural beauty at more than 120 exciting birding and outdoor photography events during the 2012 Florida's Birding & FotoFest! In addition to the ever-popular nature tours and excursions, new discoveries for this year's event include workshops on preparing your images and composition, photographing birds in flight, selections and layer masking, flash techniques and many in field photography workshops.
17th Annual Rhythm and Ribs Festival - April 27th - 29th
Enjoy non-stop music and great BBQ during one of the premier food and music festivals in St. Augustine.
Best Bets for April:
- March 31st - April 1st - Old Town Art and Craft Show
- April 1st - Blessing of the Fleet
- April 6th - First Friday Art Walk
- April 6th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- April 6th - 8th - Master's Weekend at World Golf Hall of Fame
- April 8th - Annual St Augustine Easter Parade
- April 12th - Fromajardes Serenade at Cathedral Basilica
- April 12th - Over the Rhine performs at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- April 13th - Martina McBride performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- April 14th - Velo Fest at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- April 15th - St Augustine Royal Tea
- April 19th - 22nd - Sawgrass Wine and Spirits Festival
- April 21st - 22nd - 16th Annual Flower and Garden Expo
- April 22nd - EMMA Concert Series: State Street Ballet - Jungle Book
- April 25th - 29th - 10th Annual Florida Birding and Photo Fest
- April 27th - 29th - 17th Annual Rhythm and Ribs Festival
- April 28th - Taste of St Augustine
- April 28th - Uptown Saturday Night
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than three dozen new recipes from travelers from all over the world, but we still need yours as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we request that you provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy.
This recipe is for Daub and Louise from Hershey, PA for the sweet gift from their treasure chest!
1-3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 packed cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 T. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
additional sugar for rolling
48 Hershey chocolate kisses
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, shortening, peanut butter, milk, vanilla and egg. Blend at low speed until stiff dough forms. Shape into 1" balls, roll in sugar. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Immediately top each cookie with a chocolate kiss, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge. Allow cookies to cool.
Cleaning tip: Red wine stains do not have to be such a challenge. Soaking the stain with white wine will neutralize the tannins. substitute club soda or lemon juice, then sprinkle with salt and let stand for 1-2 minutes. Rinse with cold water and repeat, if necessary.