Current Specials and Packages
Midsummer Night's Dream
Imagine experiencing the heart of the oldest city and staying in a St Augustine Bed and Breakfast. Sip wine on the veranda with the love of your life. Stay three or more weekday nights, Sunday - Thursday and receive one night free. Valid thru September and not valid with any other discounts or during Holiday weeks. Must be pre-purchased, just mention "Summer Love"
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in August
There are many things to see and do in St Augustine to beat the heat. Originally a Spanish city; St. Augustine has a plaza, that catches the sea breeze and pushes the air down the narrow streets to help cool them. Buildings are built up against the streets to help provide additional shade. The oldest city has many museums, shops, art galleries, and restaurants to help keep you cool. For something completely different, try out Pedicab of St. Augustine for a romantic tour and drop off for dinner.
Thursday Night Concerts in the Plaza
Bring your chair and enjoy an evening concert in St. Augustine's Plaza de la Constitucion every Thursday night thru Labor Day weekend and enjoy the cool breezes and the local flair under a canopy of live oaks as you enjoy live entertainment provided by popular local entertainers.
Location: Plaza de la Constitucion
Time: 7 - 9 p.m.
Best Bets for August:
- August 4th - Concert in the Plaza - featuring The Mike Hart Band - playing Blues, Jazz and Rock
- August 5th - First Friday Art Walk
- August 5th - Limelight Theatre - Second Samuel - Opening night
- August 6th - 7th - PGA Tour Golf Academy Clinics
- August 11th - Concert in the Plaza - featuring Mischief Express - playing pop American Jazz Standards
- August 13th and 14th - PGA Tour Golf Academy Clinics
- August 13th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour - St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- August 18th - Concert in the Plaza - Elizabeth & The Grapes of Roth - playing rock and roll
- August 19th - Alison Kraus and Union Station perform at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- August 20th -21st - PGA Tour Golf Academy Clinics
- August 21st - Slightly Stupid performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- August 23rd - Matisyahu with Trevor Hall perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- August 25th - Concert in the Plaza - featuring the Triple Rock Blues Band - playing good time blues
- August 27th - 28th - PGA tour Golf Academy Clinics
- August 27th - Uptown Saturday Night
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than two dozen new recipes, but we need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Jeannie for your Tomato Pie and Chicken Tart recipes
Best Ever Banana Bread
2 bananas, ripe, mashed
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup buttermilk, plus 1 tablespoon more
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups flour
1 cup walnuts, chopped
Mix bananas, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add buttermilk and mix. Combine dry ingredients and add to mixture. Stir in nuts and pour into 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been greased and floured. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Cleaning tip: Growing up in Oklahoma and working around oil rigs, oil stains were commonplace. We would often use a can of Coke to help lift the stains out. It also works well with other oil stains, such as salad oil and animal fats. The phosphoric acid in the Coke will attack the grease and the carbonation helps lift away the stain. Pour the soda on the stain and let it sit for several minutes and then launder.
Inn the Know:
Oldest Store Museum Experience
The Oldest Store Museum Experience is the newest museum in St Augustine and is located next to the Oldest Jail. Loaded from floor to ceiling with over 100,000 items from the C.F. Hamblin Hardware Store, supplier of Flagler's Hotels and the East coast of Florida. Step back in time and discover the latest time saving miracles of the 1900's, such as steam driven tractors and a goat-powered washing machine.
DEA Charters provides the ultimate experience in private excursions on a 30' Maine Catamaran
Sunset Sail $199
2 hours includes...Beer, Wine, soft drinks and snacks
Sun, Swim & Sail $299
3 hours includes...lunch, beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks
Sail of Two Forts $699
Sail the Matanzas River from the Castillo de San Marcos to Fort Matanzas and back
8 hours includes...continental breakfast, lunch, beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks
Pedicab of St. Augustine
Pedicab of St. Augustine provides an intimate tour of the city or how about drop-off or pick-up service for dinner
30 minute Tour for $25
15 minute Tour $10