Current Specials and Packages
Holiday Tour of Inns - Complimentary ticket
On December 10th and 11th the St Augustine Historic Bed and Breakfast inns will be having their 18th annual Holiday Tour. An opportunity to see 25 bed and breakfast inns decorated for the Holidays. This is a two day event, with half of the inns open each day for the tour. Each Inn will be sponsored by a restaurant, which is hand-picked by the bed and breakfast. This year's theme will be "Spirits of Christmas Past". Reserve a room for two-nights or more and include Sunday 11th; and receive a complimentary ticket ($25 value).
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in December
2011 Grande Illumination British Night Watch
This 37th Annual event is a highlight of events in St. Augustine. This is a major reenactment weekend with British encampments and a colorful evening parade through the city
Best Bets for November:
- December 2nd - British Night Watch Opening Ceremonies
- December 2nd - 3rd - Candle light tours of Villa Zorayda
- December 2nd - First Friday Art Walk
- December 3rd - 1770's British Encampment
- December 3rd - 57th Annual Christmas Parade
- December 3rd - Grande Illumination Parade
- December 4th - 43rd Annual Garden Club Christmas Tour of Homes
- December 9th - 10th - Candle light tours of Villa Zorayda
- December 10th - Regatta of Lights
- December 10th - The Wood Brothers perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- December 10th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of St. Augustine Lighthouse
- December 10th - 11th - 18th Annual St. Augustine Historic Inns Holiday Tour
- December 14th - 15th - EMMA Concert Series: J Holiday Pops
- December 17th - Tolomato Cemetery Tours
- December 17th - 18th - St Augustine Ballet performs the Nutcracker
- December 28th - 29th - Old Town Art and Craft Show
- December 31th - Beach Blast off 2012
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than two dozen new recipes, but we need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy.
This is one of John's favorite breakfast dishes and guess what we are having for breakfast tomorrow?
Carriage Way Breakfast Grits
1 cup quick grits
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
2 lbs lean sausage
1 can mild green chilies, diced
Cook grits according to package instructions. Add cheese, butter and seasoning salt. Beat eggs and add to mixture with green chilies. Brown sausage and drain well. put sausage in 9 x 13 greased dish and cover with grits mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Sprinkle with paprika
Cleaning tip: Are you tired of those post Holiday stains - try preventing them first. Spray your table cloth with a fabric protector spray and allow it to dry for at least 24 hours before serving food.
Inn the Know:
St. Augustine's "Nights of Lights" continues through January 2012
The "Nights of Lights" Holiday season has begun. Millions of tiny white lights decorate the trees and buildings throughout the downtown historic district of St. Augustine through the end of January 2012. This is the perfect time to visit St. Augustine. Here are our best suggestions for enjoying the Holiday lights:
- A romantic carriage ride for two
- Holly Jolly Holiday Trolley
- Nights of Lights Carriage and Holiday wine tour by Tasting Tours of St Augustine
- Enjoy a stroll through the city - don't forget to stop for chocolate!