Current Specials and Packages
January Lures Lovers with free night stay in St. Augustine
Every week in January, Sunday through Thursday, Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast is offering a two or three night package. Stay 2 weekday nights and received the second night for half price or stay 3 nights and the 3rd night is on us. It is a great time to celebrate that Anniversary or Birthday with a St Augustine getaway. Not valid with any other discounts
Family Getaway Special
Reserve two rooms or more for two or more nights (weekday or weekend) and receive your room for half price. This special is valid for January and February only. Not valid during holiday weeks or with any other discounts. Room must be of equal or lesser value.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in January
EMMA Concert Series: January events
1/7 - Trio Con Brio Copenhagen
1/15 - America's Dream Chamber
1/28 - Marika Bournaki
Best Bets for January:
- January 6th - First Friday Art Walk
- January 7th - 8th - Last Stand: Texas Rangers and the Outlaws
- January 8th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour - St. Augustine Lighthouse
- January 10th - Discover First America Series: First Colony
- January 14th - Changing of the Guard
- January 19th - 22nd - St Augustine Film Festival
- January 20th - 22nd - First Coast Opera - The Barber of Seville
- January 21st - Matanzas 5K and Fun Run
- January 25th - Discover First America Series: The Madness of King George
- January 28th - Uptown Saturday Night
- January 29th - Travis Tritt performs at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- January 31st - Keb Mo' performs at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than two dozen new recipes, but we still need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Kathy for sharing your family favorites, but also for sharing your family memories
Jeanie is always adapting recipes and this cherry pineapple bread is moist and delicious
Cherry Pineapple Bread
2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple
1 10 oz bag of Ocean Spray Craisins infused with cherry
Mix together in order given. Stir in pineapple and Craisins. Pour into two loaf pans that have been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Cleaning tip: Here is an alternative to cleaning coffeepot stains. Put 4 tsp. salt, 2 cups ice cubes and 1 tbl of water in the pot and swirl around for about 30 seconds until clean. Rinse and Brew!
Inn the Know:
"St. Augustine is a top ten place in the WORLD to travel to for holiday lights"
- National Geographic
The "Nights of Lights" Holiday season will continue through the end of January. Millions of tiny white lights decorate the trees and buildings throughout the downtown historic district of St. Augustine. This is the perfect time to visit St. Augustine. Here are our best suggestions for enjoying the Holiday lights:
- A romantic carriage ride for two
- Holly Jolly Holiday Trolley
- Nights of Lights Carriage and Holiday wine tour by Tasting Tours of St Augustine
- Enjoy a stroll through the city - don't forget to stop for chocolate!
March Madness at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
- Hank Williams, Jr - 3/3
- Moody Blues - 3/17
- Bill Clinton - 3/19
- Tony Bennett - 3/20
BOOK A GETAWAY TODAY!