Current Specials and Packages
St Augustine Music Festival Special
This is one our favorite Florida music festivals. The free music festival is a 6 day event, which is split between the last two weeks of June. The event is held in the Cathedral Basilica here in the downtown historic district. Stay 3 nights June 21st - June 23rd and/or June 28th - June 30th and receive 15% off. Not valid with any other discounts.
Florida Resident Special
Stay weekdays Sunday through Thursday and receive 10% off the weekday rates. Not valid with any other discounts.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in June
Drake's Raid - June 2nd
425 years ago on June 6th 1586, 2000 Englishmen under the command of Sir Francis Drake approach the harbor of the Spanish city of St. Augustine. On June 8th the English crossed Matanzas Bay taking fortification and drove the Spanish rear guard from the city. Relive the moment in one of St. Augustine's largest reenactment events.
Best Bets for June:
- June 1st - First Friday Art Walk
- June 2nd - Drake's Raid
- June 4th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- June 6th - Music by the Sea Concert Series
- June 7th - Concerts in the Plaza
- June 8th - July 1st - Bingo, the Musical at limelight Theatre
- June 8th - ZZ Top, Gretchen Wilson and 3 Doors Down perform at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- June 8th - 10th - My Big Fat Greek Food Festival
- June 13th - Music by the Sea Concert Series
- June 14th - Concerts in the Plaza
- June 14th - 17th - 2012 Fountain Mercury King Buster 400
- June 15th - Family Stone performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- June 16th - Vettes at the Village
- June 17th - Father's Day at World Golf Hall of Fame
- June 17th - Evening with Tommy Roe at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- June 20th - Music by the Sea Concert Series
- June 21st - Concerts in the Plaza
- June 21st - 23rd - St Augustine Music Festival
- June 22nd - 24th - Greek Landing Day Festival
- June 23rd - Battle of Bloody Mose
- June 27th - Music by the Sea Concert Series
- June 27th - An Evening with Eric Johnson at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- June 28th - Concerts in the Plaza
- June 28th - 30th - St. Augustine Music Festival
- June 29th - Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band perform at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- June 30th - Uptown Saturday Night
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than three dozen new recipes from travelers from all over the world, but we still need yours as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we request that you provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy.
Thank you Miles for the Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake recipe, nothing is better than chocolate!
This one goes out to Karlo and Kumari, we hope they enjoy the rest of their stay in Florida and have a safe trip back to Berlin.
Date Nut Bread
2/3 cup orange juice
1 cup of chopped dates
3-1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups of sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup walnuts
Place the chopped dates and orange juice in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2 minutes and let stand. Sift dry ingredients. Make a well and add eggs, oil, walnuts, and the date mixture. Sir well and pour into 2 greased and floured 5" x 9" loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes in 350 degree oven, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cleaning tip: Add a 1/2 cup of baking soda to your wash load to balance the pH of the water, which helps your detergent work harder.
Inn the Know:
Ringo Star and His All Starr Band
Friday, June, 29,2012
Upcoming Concert Schedule
St. Augustine Amphitheatre
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
- ZZ top with 3 Doors Down and Gretchen Wilson - 6/8
- Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band - 6/29
- Boston - 7/1
- The Dukes of September - Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs - 7/27
- Yes with Procol Harum - 7/28
BOOK A CONCERT GETAWAY TODAY!