Current Specials and Packages
St. Augustine Celtic Music Ticket Special
Receive one free ticket for every ticket purchased for admission into the St. Augustine Celtic Music and Heritage Festival on March 10th.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in March
March 3rd - Searle's 1668 Sack of St Augustine
The reenactment of the sacking and burning of the town will commence at 5 p.m., beginning at the Plaza de la Constitucion and ending at the Old City Gate.
Best Bets for March:
- March 2nd - 25th - House of Blues Leaves at Limelight Theatre
- March 2nd - First Friday Art Walk
- March 3rd - Searle's Sack of St Augustine
- March 3rd - Hank Williams performs at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- March 7th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of St Augustine Lighthouse
- March 9th - 10th - Turn and Burn Barrel Racing - St Johns County Fairgrounds
- March 10th - 11th - Celtic Music and Heritage Festival
- March 10th - 18th - World Golf Hall of Fame Putting Championship
- March 10th - 11th - St Augustine Community Chorus performs "On Broadway"
- March 10th - Menorcan Heritage Festival
- March 11th - St Augustine Community Orchestra 50th Birthday Bash
- March 11th - Henry Rollins performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- March 16th - 18th - 31st Annual Lions Club Seafood & Music Festival
- March 16th - Experience Hendrix 2012 Tribute Tour at St Augustine Amphitheatre
- March 17th - Lighthouse Maritime Festival
- March 17th - EMMA Concert: Nordwest Deutche Philharmonic
- March 17th - Moody Blues performs at St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- March 19th - Spanish Bicentennial Celebration
- March 19th - Viva St. Augustine! Former President Bill Clinton speaks at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- March 20th - Tony Bennet performs at the St Augustine Amphitheatre
- March 23rd - Viva St. Augustine! Legado: A Spanish Legacy Black Tie Event
- March 23rd - 24th - Viva St. Augustine! Grand Muster
- March 24th - Gamble Rogers Festival: Spring Concert
- March 25th - EMMA Concert Series: Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra
- March 28th - 31st - First Coast Offshore Challenge
- March 30th - Suzy Bogguss in concert at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- March 31st - Living History Days at Fort Mose
- March 31st - Uptown Saturday Night
- March 31st - April 1st - Old Town Art & Craft Show
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than three dozen new recipes, but we still need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy.
This recipe is a frequent request at the Carriage Way.
Lemon Iced Cookies
2 sticks of butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 T. orange peel
Cream butter, sugar and egg. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix alternately with buttermilk to cream mixture. Add orange peel. Spoon drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 12-15 minutes.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 T. lemon peel
Mix powdered sugar, lemon peel and then add lemon juice until icing is smooth. Top on cookies.
Cleaning tip: Remove Sweat stains from white t-shirts with aspirin. Yellow underarm stains can be removed with the salicylic acid in aspirin. Crush three aspirin and add enough water to make a paste. Spread on stains and let sit overnight. In the morning rinse with hot water.
Inn the Know:
2012 Celtic Music Festival
March 10th and 11th, 2012
March Madness at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
- Hank Williams, Jr - 3/3
- Moody Blues - 3/17
- Bill Clinton - 3/19
- Tony Bennett - 3/20
- Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt - 3/23
BOOK A GETAWAY TODAY!