Current Specials and Packages
Complimentary Ticket to See St. Augustine's Newest Museum
We want to encourage everyone to visit one of the newest oldest museums in St. Augustine, the Oldest Store Museum Experience. We were amazed at the collection of general store and old hardware items. C.F. Hamblen was a major supplier for Henry Flagler and the growth that was occurring during the late 1800's and early 1900's. Receive a free ticket when you book today, just mention it during your reservation experience!
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in November
St. Augustine Marathon, November 19th and 20th
The St. Augustine Marathon is a USATF certified race and a qualifier for the 2012 Boston Marathon. This event will bring more elite runners to the oldest city than ever before.
Best Bets for November:
- November 3rd - Night Ranger performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- November 4th - 6th - Fifteen & Forever Expo
- November 5th - First Friday Art Walk
- November 5th - Fifth Annual Everywoman's Art Festival
- November 5th - 6th - First Coast Opera performs Grandi Voci
- November 6th - 26th Annual Great Chowder Debate
- November 10th - Queensryche performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- November 11th - Al Stewart and the Wobbley Toms perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- November 12th - John Fogarty performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- November 19th - "Nights of Lights" begins
- November 25th - 26th - Candle Light Tours of Villa Zorayda
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than two dozen new recipes, but we need more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our wonderful guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Bob and Judith for the "perfected" German Mulled Wine Recipe
This is a great recipe for Tilapia to add to your collection.
Tilapia with watermelon salsa
1/8 small seedless watermelon, finely chopped
1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
1/8 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1-1/2 Tbl. lime juice
1 cup of corn flakes, crushed
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
1 Tbl. dill weed
2 tilapia fillets
1-1/2 Tbl. olive oil
In a bowl combine the watermelon, red onion, bell pepper, and lime juice. stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. In a separate bowl, add the corn flakes, mustard, paprika, and dill weed. Stir to combine. Coat the tilapia fillets with the corn flake mixture. Preheat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat with the olive oil. Once the oil starts to ripple, add the tilapia fillets and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked. Plate the fish and top with salsa and serve.
Cleaning tip: When moving furniture in rooms that are carpeted, indentions are always left behind. Try putting an ice cube in the indentions and allow it to melt. vacuum or use a stiff brush afterwards.