Current Specials and Packages
Reserve three weekday nights during the nights of lights and receive two free tickets on the Holly Jolly Holiday Trolley. This special is available during the "Nights of Lights" event in November. Not available with any other discounts
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in November
November marks the start of the "Nights of Lights" celebration in St. Augustine, truly a magical time of the year in the oldest city. Last year, National Geographic picked St. Augustine as one of the Top Ten Places in the World to see the Holiday Lights. The switching of the lights occurs every year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the celebration continues through the end of January. The buildings and trees throughout the city are covered in white lights. There are also special night time tours by the Old Town Trolley and holiday music to help get everyone in the spirit of the season.
5th Annual Pirate Gathering
This event is always a lot of fun and continues to grow every year. Dress and talk like a pirate or take part in the events including land battles, weapons demonstrations, thieves market and privateers parade
When: November 9th - 11th
Where: St. Francis Field and around town
Best Bets for November:
- November 2nd - First Friday Art Walk
- November 2nd - Heart with Shawn Colvin perform at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- November 3rd - 28th Annual Ancient City Car Show
- November 9th - 11th - 5th Annual Pirate Gathering
- November 10th - Compassion 5K Walk/Run
- November 10th - 11th - Veterans Day Weekend at the Castillo de San Marco
- November 10th - Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang perform at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- November 10th - Steve Fobert and Carrie Rodriguez perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- November 11th - Old City Music Fest
- November 15th - Acoustic Alchemy perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- November 17th - January 31th, 2013 - "Nights of Lights"
- November 17th and 18th - St. Augustine Half Marathon Weekend
- November 23rd and 24th - Candlelight Tours of Villa Zorayda
- November 24th - Uptown Saturday Night
- November 24th - EMMA Concert Series: The Merling Trip
- November 24th - 25th - 47th Annual Fall Arts and Crafts Festival
- November 29th - 30th - Candlelight Tours of Villa Zoryada
- November 30th - British Night Watch Opening Concert
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than five dozen new recipes, but we still need a few more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy.
Jeanie made this Texas Hot Rice for a neighborhood social and it was a big hit!
Texas Hot Rice
1 Cup Rice, raw
2 cups Sour Cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 lb. Monterey Jack, cubed
3 - 4 oz. cans of green chilies
1/2 lb. shredded monterey jack cheese
2 tbls butter
Cook rice and combine with sour cream and salt. Grease 7" x 10" casserole dish and add 1/2 rice mixture and cover with cubed cheese and chilies. Layer the other 1/2 mixture of rice and sprinkle with grated cheese and dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Housekeeping tip: Don't use dish soap to clean your cast iron skillet. Use a stiff brush or sponge to remove any built up food with a paste of salt and water or boil water in it to help loosen the food. Re-season the pan with a small amount of vegetable oil and a paper towel.
Inn the Know:
Picasso is Coming!
Picasso is coming to St. Augustine. 68 rarely seen ceramics and lithographs will be on display from February 1st to May 11th, 2013at the St. Augustine Visitor Information Center, one block North of the Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast.
Upcoming Concert Schedule
St. Augustine Amphitheatre
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
- Heart and Shawn Colvin - November 2nd
- Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang - November 10th