Current Specials and Packages
Date Night Special
October is all about the food and St. Augustine is known for its fine restaurants and creative chefs. During the month of October St. Augustine features Flavors. During the month of October Chef's from Florida's Historic Coast will feature prix fixe menus with signature dishes with local favorites and heritage-inspired dishes. In celebration of this culinary event Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast is offering a Date Night Special for any available room for an additional $145 and includes:
- A dozen roses upon arrival
- A Private carriage tour through the historic district with a final destination at a participating restaurant
- $50 gift certificate for dinner
For more details, see our specials page.
B&B for Vets
In honor our active duty and retired military Carriage Way Bed and Breakfast is participating once again in the 4th annual B&B for Vets program. It is an opportunity to stay Sunday, November 11th for free and rooms are limited and available on a first call basis. We appreciate all that our service men and woman do for our country and it is our opportunity to give back to them. We would like to accommodate as many of our military men and woman as possible, so we are also extending an offer for Sunday night free and Monday at the regular weekday rate, if you book two or more nights.
Be sure to check out our website for other specials and special packages.
Happenings at the Inn in October
October is the best travel month for weather in North Florida. Take advantage of our October special for the Flavors event with a carriage tour, roses and dinner. Do to the wonderful weather in October, St. Augustine has numerous festivals. This month will be the Hispanic Heritage Festival, St. Augustine Spanish Wine and Food Festival, the Fiesta de Aviles and the Annual Greek Festival.
Flavors of Florida's Historic Coast, Top Chef Cook-off
Sample a taste of the tantalizing creations offered by many area restaurants at the Flavors of Florida’s Historic Coast Top Chef Cook-Off! In addition, everyone in attendance will sample the prix fixe dinners featured during the month-long Flavors of Florida’s Historic Coast promotion.
When: October 12th
Time: 5 - 7 p.m.
Where: Renaissance World Golf Village Resort
Cost: $20 per person
Tickets: Pre-purchase at www.historicflavors.com
Best Bets for October:
- October 1st - 31st - Flavors of Florida's Historic Coast
- October 3rd - 6th - St. Augustine Spanish Wine and Food Festival
- October 4th - 6th - First Coast Classic Ballroom and Latin Dance Championship
- October 4th - Victor Wooten Concert at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 5th - First Friday Art Walk
- October 5th - 6th - Ghost Hunt at the Old Jail
- October 6th - Hispanic Heritage Festival
- October 6th - Pick up the Pace 5K Walk and Run
- October 7th - EMMA Concert Series: Wolfgang David and David Gompper
- October 12th - 14th - 15th Annual Greek Festival
- October 12th - O.A.R. performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- October 12th - 13th - Ghost Hunt at the Old Jail
- October 12th - Flavors of Florida's Historic Coast, Top Chef Cook-off
- October 13th - 3rd Annual Fiesta de Aviles
- October 15th - 21st - Nationwide Tour - Winn Dixie Open at TPC Sawgrass
- October 18th - George Clinton performs at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 19th - 21st - Southern Tandem Rally
- October 19th - 20th - Ghost Hunt at the Old Jail
- October 19th - John Hiatt and The Combo perform at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 20th - Tolomato Cemetery Tours
- October 20th - Guana 5K and 12K Run
- October 20th - Bicentennial Commemoration of the Spanish Constitution of 1812
- October 20th - Salt Run Challenge
- October 24th - Alejandro Escovedo Concert at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 26th - Arturo Sandoval Concert at Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 26th - November 18th - Boeing-Boeing at the Limelight Theatre
- October 26th - St. Augustine Orchestra Concert
- October 26th - 27th - Ghost Hunt at the Old Jail
- October 27th - Uptown Saturday Night
- October 28th - Blues Traveler performs at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- October 28th - St. Augustine Orchestra Concert Hall
- October 28th - Jill Scott performs at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- October 29th - Sunset/Moonrise Tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse
Recipes and Tips
New Cookbook Request: We have more than five dozen new recipes, but we still need a few more as we put together the second cookbook that features the best family recipes from our guests here at the Carriage Way. The cookbook will have one recipe on a page and we would like you to provide a short story that complements the recipe. Send us only your best and if we print your recipe, we will send you a complimentary copy. Thank you Luan for your Almond Poppy Seed Muffins.
This is one of our most requested breakfast dishes and easy to make!
2 pie crusts (bake 8 min. at 400 degrees)
3/4 lb. sausage
1 cup milk
8 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
Brown sausage lightly and drain well. Mix ingredients and pour into pie crusts. Crimp aluminum foil around the edge of pie to keep the edges from browning too much. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Housekeeping tip: Dust knickknacks with a paintbrush and a little furniture polish.
Inn the Know:
2012 Spanish Wine and Food Festival
This is a four day event that will culminate with a Grand Tasting Event on Saturday. This is a ticketed event with limited seating. For more information go to:
Upcoming Concert Schedule
St. Augustine Amphitheatre
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
- O.A.R. - 10/12
- Jill Scott - 10/28
- Heart with Shawn Colvin - 11/2
- Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang - 11/10