Paying attention to the disinfectant details has always been Carriage Way's forte. We've increased Cleaning Frequency and follow CDC guidelines with EPA products. We have inside and outside breakfast dining tables. To promote Social Distancing we do not enter your room for cleaning during your stay. Wearing a face mask is optional for guests and staff.
The first night or only night of your stay plus taxes per room will be charged at time of booking to guarantee your reservation. The balance can only be paid at check-in. If you need to cancel your reservation, *see Weather policy below, please call us more than 7 days prior to your arrival date (14 days for all holidays, special events dates & group bookings) to cancel your reservation, less a $50 cancellation fee per room no matter what the reason is including concern of the Coronavirus. In the unlikely event that you cancel on the 7th day or less than 7 days prior to your arrival date or shorten your original stay dates or *see Weather policy below, (14 days for all holidays, special event dates & group bookings), will result in forfeiting the first night plus taxes guarantee payment. Any remaining balance will be processed in full upon arrival including lockbox arrivals. If you check-out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation no matter what the reason is including concern of the Coronavirus. Refunds or gift certificates are not available for early check-outs or no shows.
*Weather and Hurricane Policy-We cannot be responsible for delays, interruptions, cancellations, inn closings or inconveniences in your trip due to weather. However, if you have a confirmed reservation and you are due to arrive within 24 hours and an evacuation order (due to hurricane warning) is issued, you will receive a Reschedule Coupon for payment received to put towards to future reservation. No refunds will be made. We highly suggest travel insurance: www.insuremytrip.com.
- Click: Carriage Way App - web based We encourage you to peruse the App prior to your arrival and make dinner reservations as it is our Mobile Concierge Service with all of our recommendations.
- A Group Service Charge of $10 per night per room will be added to Group Reservations of 3 or more rooms whether booking as a group or booking separately. This provides for the deserved extra attention, extra consumed amenities & staff gratuities.
- Registration/Parking times: 11:00am - 5:00pm Sun-Thurs, and Fri-Sat 11:00a - 7:00pm. Rooms are not guaranteed available until 3:00 PM. We are happy to check you in early, if the room is available. There is no one on-site after registration times.
If arriving after the above registration hours, please call 904-829-2467 to make after-hours lockbox check-in arrangements. Lockboxes are only issued upon availability and advanced notice. Lockboxes cannot be arranged for same day bookings made after 5:00pm.
- One (1) parking space for a standard-sized vehicle per guest room is an included amenity in our backyard gravel lot. Trucks wider & longer than a standard regular cab cannot be accommodated. NO 250/350/1500/2500/3500/GMC Sierra or the like or Trucks with Extended Cabs, Lift Kits, Wide tires, Duallys NOR Full-size SUVs such as Armada, Evoque, Expedition, Suburban, Escalade, Yukon, Silverado, Tahoe, etc. Those need to park 1.5 blocks/5 minutes away at the parking garage for a one-time entrance fee of $15. There is no additional on-site parking.
- Chef's Choice Hot scrumptious breakfast is served table side each morning from 8:30am-10:00am. Substitutions cannot be made. With advance notice, we can accommodate Gluten Free and Vegetarian diets for breakfast. We cannot accommodate Egg Free, Dairy Free or Vegan diets.
- Check-out: 11:00 AM.
- No Smoking or Vapors inside the inn; however designated outdoor areas are available.
- We are unable to accept pets anywhere on the property with the exception of qualified ADA Service Dogs. ADA Regulations do not include comfort or therapy dogs. This is a historic inn and not wheelchair accessible.
- We are an exclusively adult facility. ALL guests must be 21+ years old (including babies) and official IDs will be checked at arrival. All guest rooms sleep only 2 guests.
- Out of respect for our registered guests, visitors are not permitted on the property.
- Carriage Way is unable to permit weddings anywhere on property nor host any Bachelorette or Bachelor Parties. Any Bride/Bridal parties and/or Groom wedding preparations cannot be accommodated anywhere at the inn including makeup artists and photographers. If a Bridal Couple would like to stay with us the night of their wedding, the guest room key needs to be picked up during Front Desk hours as wedding nights do not qualify for a Lockbox. Please call the inn for further details before booking.
- We cannot accept prepaid gift cards from AMEX, MasterCard or Visa. Carriage Way Gift Certificates may be redeemed online by clicking "Redeem Gift Certificate" using the long code in the bottom right hand corner of the Gift Certificate.
- We cannot accommodate whole inn/house bookings.